I skipped chapter 108 simply because it was just another set of armrests which I can do a little later. Now that I’ve gotten into a rhythm for the tiling, I didn’t want to interrupt it.
First thing I did was to put a bunch of really bowed pieces into the jig for straightening. The next day, I started installing the first rows of the the right side roof’s tiling. Even after heating up the tile a bit, this one broke in three pieces. It didn’t really matter since the breaks are always very clean and so I glued them in place after taking all the necessary measurements. But the next tile, which would have to be bowed a bit in the opposite direction, I heated it and stuck it in the jig for a bit. It did help. Most helpful was just heating them and holding them in shape while I applied a layer of glue. Then positioning and clamping or weighting them down. And waiting.....
|Curving a tile.|
|Holding in place....|
|...all the way up. Good thing I found these weights!|
|Completed chapter 109|