January 25-28th 2012
Pretty daunting at first look ! So many tiny parts ! But gotta lay them out to be sure we have them all... So, I painted the back wall with white first. This time I went directly to sponging in the uneven surface with my stencil sponge - it just didn’t seem necessary to have to paint then sponge over. The white covers well enough. While that was drying, I laid out all the parts.
I then separated out the cupboard part to do last. All the wall “supports” needed painting so again, stained all of those and then went back to the wall to paint the external bit beige. I left everything overnite to dry. No sense in rushing.
I then set to glueing and then painting the 2/3 of the door pieces. I was working in Florence this week so I just left that bit to dry again overnite.
|You can see how much of the smallest pieces had to be sanded down|
|Overlaps that needed sanding too...|
Fun but long chapter...onwards...
|Finished Part of Kitchen Wall, Final Sliding door and Lower Half of the Cupboard|