Sunday, July 6, 2014

Chapter 80 - The Tatami for the Left Side Second Floor Porch, Two Sliding Windows for the Right Porch, a Small Table

July 6th 2014

Everything in this chapter I had already constructed in the past so I knew it would be fairly quick, or so I thought. 
I put the windows together and the small table.  Then I painted all the parts that required painting and then varnished the table for a slight shine.
The next part was putting the windows into the porch but I realized that I had mounted the shōji windows backwards and if I now put in these windows, I wasn’t going to be able to finish the shōji properly.  Since the last two shōji are in the next chapter, it really doesn’t set me back much. So I put the “glass” into the windows and set them aside till the next chapter where they will be installed.

The last part was the last two tatami in the kit (yeah!!!!) and if you’d like to see how I put them together, you can visit my previous blog posting that gave a pretty detailed explanation. 
With the completion of this chapter 80, I am officially 2/3 of the way through the kit.  Hallelujah! Maybe I will finish the ryokan this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment