I started by painting the necessary sills brown (I also painted the window pieces brown this time before gluing - mostly because I was dipping into the brown anyway so I just figured I’d paint them now). While those pieces dried, I worked on penciling in the spaces on the upper sills. I installed the lower sills which needed some sanding to fit but eventually went into place. After I installed the upper sills and glued them in.
The underside beams were then installed as were the filler pieces (see previous chapters). I then glued together the sliding window pieces (slitting in half the double sided tape this time to make trimming easier) and the window panes.
Next was the small table. I glued together the pieces and used some pieces of wood as a spacer for gluing in the cross sections under the table. I painted it black and varnished it and the upper sills. Looking at it now, it would make a perfect bonsai table.
|Underside of the porch with support beams.|
|Little black table and upper and lower sills installed.|
Chapter 86, done. Ok, so you can tell that today was a really slow day in real life.